Happy Scrap Girl here with this weeks new challenge.I don’t know about you, but I tend to be a very slow scrapper – it can take me several hours to do a page. As a busy mom with 2 little girls, I’m finding myself falling further and further behind on “catching up” with all those pictures.
So, my challenge to you today (and myself!) is a ONE HOUR CHALLENGE!!! Yup, you heard me, you’ve got to complete an entire layout in just one hour. Are you up for the challenge??
Here are some ideas to help you complete those layouts in a snap.
• Use a template to help you plan your page design
• Start with a quick page as your base and add your own extra embellishments and journaling.
• Learn shortcut keys for your program to speed up the process
• Use already decorated embellishments – such as embellished frames or page borders- to work even faster
• Journal your event as it happens in a notebook. Then when you scrap you don’t need to look up dates and you have keywords to use as prompts on your pages
• Check out this Thread in our forum for even more tips to speed up your scrapping!
Are you ready for the rules?
1.) Set your timer for 1 hour (and not a minute more) – when it goes off, you are done with your page.
2.) You must use:
• At least one photo
• A minimum of 3 embellishments (flowers, ribbons, brads, whatever you like)
• List or bullet style journaling
3.) You’re not allowed to go over the 1 hour time limit, once the hour is up, you are done – even if there’s more you’d still like to do!
4.) When you are done, post the LO in the gallery, then show the picture here along with a link to your gallery so we can leave you some lovin’!
Oh yeah, did I mention there would be prizes??? TWO $5.00 Gift cards to the shop – one for a random winner – and one for my personal fav. AND everyone who participates will get this template for FREE!
Here’s my LO for the challenge – completed in 54 minutes!
Here’s some more inspiration from our CT gals:
This is from Lindsay – Love those fun pictures!
This one is from Jet – she told us she wished she had more time, but, rules are rules – and this is a really fantastic start!
Here’s Brittney and some fun pics of her family…
This one is Dacia’s – doesn’t that look like fun???
Here is one from Katie – isn’t this little guy CUTE!!!
Sarah did one too! Her pictures made me laugh (reminds me of my own two little ones, LOL)
This is Shari’s – I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the way she did her title on here – and notice how she changed the color of her font from black to white to make it show up better …
This one is from Stacy – doesn’t that ribbon wrap look perfect???
And last, but certainly not least is Sya – can you believe she did this in just a half an hour??? Beautiful!
Ladies – once again you have impressed me! I can’t belive you all did these in 1 hour!
Okay, now it’s your turn – Ready?? Set… SCRAP!!