This week I got to interview one of our very own Scrapmatters Girls, Michelle/Msbrad. I am sure you know her, she leaves the best comments on your layouts in the gallery!
1. What is your first name? Michelle ( I also answer to Michi and usually sign everything as ‘m’)
2. What is your screen name? msbrad
3. How long have you been at ScrapMatters? September 2008
4. How long have you been digital scrapbooking? 2005
5. Did/do you do paper scrapbooking? I was an obsessive paper scrapbooker. I have/had more supplies than some stores.
6. What got you into digital scrapbooking? I was trying to use the computer to create text and titles on my paper pages. I used Print Shop, and Journaling Genie. From there, I tried to use the computer to make my photos into shapes or with a soft edge. Then I attended a PSE 3 seminar, and I was hooked.
7. Describe your first digital layout? Oh dear! Very first was done in Print Shop and Microsoft Word. Not the easiest way to attempt to layer. It was blocks of photos of DH and his golf friends. I didn’t even use a kit.
8. What is your favorite layout that you’ve scrapped? It is difficult to select one. I’m placing 2 which I did totally myself- no kit items.
9. Can you share your ScrapMatters gallery with us so we can leave you some love? My gallery is here.
10. Who’s gallery do you go to for inspiration? Too many to name. I love going thru galleries.
11. What do you suggest when you find yourself in scrappers block? Read the challenge threads, Scout the galleries, Grab a template. What do you do? Listed in the first half of this question or… Get up and walk away from it for a little while.
12. What kind of scrapper are you? (Clean lines, paper girl, cluster, etc) It all depends on what style I want on the page. One thing I’m not…is artsy-fantasy.
13. Do you have any other hobbies? Anything crafty- done it all If so, what are they? Mostly today…photography, digi scrapping and sewing.
14. Do you participate in any of the challenges at ScrapMatters? Yes- I love them!
15. How long have you been on the SMG? I think March, is my 1st SMG-a-versary
16. Finally, is there anything else that you would like to tell the readers? I was the biggest ‘dodo’ ever when I started with the computer, and then digital scrapbooking. I could probably star in a “digi comedy hour” of all the ‘duh’ things I’ve done. I am also very literal.
I love to teach digital scrapbooking to newbies. So many helped me when I started, I feel I am paying it forward.
Thanks Michelle for letting us get to know you better! We love having you on the Scrapmatters Girls Team!!