I am back with another designer interview today! Now we get to learn all about Kay Miller of Kay Miller Designs!
1. Your screen name? Your real name? KayM
3. Are you married/children/pets? I am married to the best guy in the world, Paul, and we have two great kiddos, three dogs, two cats, two rats and two horses. How’s that for a menagerie? LOL
4. Where is home for you? I live in South Central Missouri.
5. What are your 3 favorite foods? ice cream, chex mix and Fritos. I’m a real health nut.
6. PC or Mac? What program do you use? I loooooooooove my Mac! I have two, an iMac and a Macbook Pro. I use Photoshop CS4 and Illustrator to design and scrap.
8. What would you like to learn to do (or do better) not related to scrapbooking? Well, I would love to learn to take better pictures. I take pictures all the time and learn new things daily it seems, but I would love to learn more about lighting and how to get good photos indoor or in low lighting. Oh I guess that is kind of related to scrapbooking isn’t it?? Another one is that I would love to learn more about web design and html. When it comes to my personal store, I always have to get someone to do things for me.
9. What are your favorite movies/TV shows? I am a diehard fan of LOST. LOVE that show!! So sad it’s over There’s not much on now that I just love. I enjoy kids movies, and I like action/adventure. I also love a good romantic comedy every now and then. My favorite of all times is While You Were Sleeping with Sandra Bullock. That’s an awesome movie and I watch it each year at Christmas time.
10. Describe your “designing” environment. Music? TV in the background? I don’t eat, drink, watch TV, or listen to anything while I work. Well except for maybe the kids playing and the dogs barking! LOL I like it to be peaceful and quiet. I’ve tried to l love music but I can’t design with it playing. It really distracts me. And I wouldn’t want crumbs in my keyboard. LOL
14. How would you describe your design style? My style is very whimsical and cute. I can do other styles and occasionally I’ll do a more sophisticated type kit, but I love the cute stuff
17. What is your favorite color scheme to design with? I love pink!! LOL! Mostly I use bright pretty color combinations. I’m not a fan of boyish colors or anything masculine. I am very challenged in the male department when it comes to designing!
18. Favorite kit you’ve designed for Scrapmatters? Well, I’ve only done one so far, so I have to pick it! LOL! Park Play which is a collab with my friend Yari, Jady Day Studio.
Thanks Kay for telling us more about you!! Be sure to check out Kay’s full shop before the end of the month for more goodies!