Hi Everyone! I’m Jenn or jk703, and I am here to share some Q&A with a fellow SM member, Shanell Gambell! I was excited that Shanell would let me ask a ton of questions and then have it all featured on the blog! Shanell and I are on a creative team together, and I was able to get to know her a little in the Crazy Chat thread that is started every month! I even got to talk to her on the phone to chat once too! It was fun, and funny to chat with a digi friend! Well, enjoy meeting a fantabulous member and scrapper…
1. Your screen name? Your real name? I wasn’t super creative with this one…I’m Shanell Gambell and so is my screen name.
2. What is your main job/career? I am a Domestic Diva! I stay at home with my 4 girls; 9,8,5,4. Two are in school, two at home with preschool. It is crazy hormones all the time, but I kinda thrive on it too! And don’t go feeling sorry for my DH! He gets spoiled!
3. Are you married/children/pets?
I have been married for almost 12 years. WE have some fish that have lived way longer than supposed too. We used to have birds, but with four girls, it was REALLY noisy All. The. Time!
4. Where is home for you? We live in Sunny AZ. Mesa to be exact. I have lived here my WHOLE life!
5. What are your 3 favorite can’t live without foods? That would be pizza, patsa and chocolate!
6. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Ohhh, hard one. I LOVE LOVE ice cream. From the store it’s mint chocolate chip or Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia. From Cold Stone (which is where I prefer) Cherry loves Cheesecake. Cheesecake ice cream, bing cherries, mini chocolate chips and graham cracker crust! I just may be stopping there later today! Yummy!
7. Snacks…Salty or Sweet? I am a huge salty/sweet combo fan. I love them together. But, if I’m splurging, it’s brie cheese/wheat thins and purple grapes. So, still it fits in that category too!
8. Beverage of choice? Water. But, I will get a huge Cherry limeade (from Sonic, of course!) craving and Dr. Pepper craving every so often.
9. What’s your least favorite food?
Ham bone soup! I really need to do a layout about that. There is such a story! But, really, I love so many foods. I’m pretty easy to please.
10. PC or Mac? What scrapping program do you use? I am a MAC girl! Is there anything else??? I ADORE my mac. I use PSCS3, which I also love. But, my SIL split PSCS5 with me. I haven’t even loaded it yet because I’m afraid of learning the new stuff!
11. How long have you been digi-scrapping? How did you get started? I got started from a friend in March of 2007. Right after my 4th daughter was born. She had whipped up the cutest little announcement. But, I had already hand made the 75 announcements and thought, as much as I loved paper scrapping, this is for the birds! I have to learn how to do this! I was hooked ever since.
12. What was your 1st LO about? I don’t have my first lo anymore, it was printed, but I didn’t save it. I can’t even remember what it was about. I think it was Eliza’s first birthday or a field trip to the farm…one of those. I do print all my LO’s, even as scary as some of them are. It’s fun to see how I’ve grown as a scrapper!
13. Do you have any other hobbies besides digi-scrapping (um, are there other hobbies)? Well, as much as I love digiscrap, I am a HUGE reader! Let’s not even talk about the tunnel vision that occurs when I read. Especially good books. I love romance, but not trashy stuff. Twilight saga…I need a 12 step program. I also love creating things for my home.
14. What is the most challenging part of scrapbooking for you? I take a long time to scrap. I keep tweeking and working the page. I am also a HUGE template fan. If I don’t have to think about the composition and I can just go, it is so much easier for me, and still takes me a long time.
15. What would you like to learn to do (or do better) not related to scrapbooking? Sew. I really love sewing. I’m absolutely no good at it at all. I’m always getting into sewing projects then taking them over to my mom’s house to have her help me finish!
16. Where do you look to learn a new digital scrapbooking technique? There are a few blogs that I’ll read, but mostly, I like playing around and seeing if I can figure stuff out. I love going through the gallery for inspiration and then from there, I’ll try to do something that I see.
17. Can you tell us a little about your scrappin’ style? Um, style, I don’t know. I love layering and clustering. White space ususally isn’t in my vocab.
18. Describe your “scrapping” environment. Music? TV in the background? Drinks? Snacks? Where? I scrap in one of the main rooms. So I usually have one on the piano, two fighting, and someone else asking me for something. Maybe that’s why it takes me so long! I try to keep food away from the computer, and i use my hands so much that I can’t really snack. I love to splurge with the laptop when I scrap by watching Netflix or Hulu. I’ll put my headphones in just listen while I work.
19. What are your favorite movies/TV shows?
Oh, goodness so many! I love TV. Movies…Pride and Prejudice, North and South, Anything Jane Austen and BBC. Just finished the Robin Hood series from BBC. The Office, Hot in Cleaveland, Burn Notice, MODERN FAMILY! I also love TLC shows like Cake Boss and Say Yes to the Dress.
20. Would you like to share a little known fact about you…? I have no off button. It can be fun, but mostly embarrassing…for others…I’m loud and outgoing, I married my opposite.
21. What super power would you love to have and why? I want to be Elastagirl! Seriously, to be able to stretch and move like that! I could take care of all kinds of things at once!
22. What are 3 places that you would love to visit for a vacation? Canada, New York, Oregon/Washington
23. What crazy fads were popular when you were a teenager? I was a teenager in the early 90′s. But, was so not a trend following or setter. I had long curly huge hair…that’s about all I can think of.
24. What actress would play you in a movie?
I get told I have a smile like Julia Roberts, but I don’t know.
25. Please share your favorite LOs that you created? Some of my favorite layouts…
I think this is my all time favorite…
One of my favorite techniques…
love the strips of journaling
My Great Grandfather passed away last week. His funeral was yesterday. I am so glad to have this picture and the legacy of him…plus I just love beauty of the whole moment…
Thanks Shanell for letting us get to know you better! Check out her awesome full gallery here