Sunday Spotlight – Meet our Guest Designers!
ScrapMatters is proud to feature 4 Guest Designers this month:
*Little Green Frog Designs
We wanted to find out a little more about them so here are responses from Andrea of Little Green Frog Designs and Sandra of PictureDesigns!
First up: Little Green Frog Designs
1. Name/username? Andrea / Andrea4376 (aka Little Green Frog Designs)
2. What does “family” mean to you? Will you share with us about yours? Family means the world to me. My hubby and I have just celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary and have been together over 19 yrs. We have an 11 yr old son and an 8 yr old daughter and our world revolves around them. I’m also lucky in that my immediate family is close by – my nan lives next door to my mum and dad and my sister and her family are also a short drive away. We love to get together for special occasions.
3. What is your favorite aspect of being a guest designer? Getting to know a whole new group of customers, designers and CT – it’s a lot of fun.
4. Is there a style, theme or color scheme you tend to gravitate towards often? If so, what? I tend to prefer bright colours against a white background – I think it’s a lot more eye-catching. Style wise I don’t believe I stick to a particular style and love trying out new looks.
5. What is one thing you know now you WISH you had known when you first started designing? How much time I’d spend on promotion and marketing. Luckily I think I’ve finally got myself organised and it doesn’t take quite as long as it used to (and I have a great team behind me to help)
6. Any helpful tips/tricks/shortcuts you’d be willing to share with us? The one thing I do all the time when I scrap or when I am making my previews is sharpen up my layout/preview. I use this method and it rocks!
1. Name/username? Hi, I am Sandra of PictureDesigns
2. What does “family” mean to you? Will you share with us about yours? Family is the most important and always number 1 for me. I grew up with my parents, a little sister and a little brother and we still are best friends and care about each other. I hope my own kids will also learn how important it is to have your family. I have the luck, to have most of my family members around me, we all are living in the same small village.
3. What is your favorite aspect of being a guest designer? I looove meeting new scrappers and designers around the world and as a guest-designer you always meet many lovely people. I just LOVE it. And because I am a relatively new designer it`s also a great chance to get my name out there a bit more and see how the different stores are organized. That`s fun and exciting.
3. What do you find difficult to design? (themes, products, etc.) Easiest? Right now I am testing everything! I mean really everything. Some things did not work at all, but I tried them I unfortunately can`t draw good, so that`s the most difficult part for me..
4. What is your favorite kind of item to design? I would say the papers and the bows and ribbons.. I bought many different ones.
5. Is there a style, theme or color scheme you tend to gravitate towards often? If so, what? Not yet, see No. 3 (still testing everything)
6. How did you learn to design? The moment I discovered digital scrapbooking I wanted immediately create my own stuff.. that was about 6 years ago. At this time I read tutorials and started making freebies (gosh they were soooo ugly!!).. Because I also was a hobby-photographer I then soon bought PS and made some online-trainings and bought books and video-tutorials to learn this huge program. I always tried to learn new design-things and I was reading millions of tutorials and tried to find out how to do them myself….
7. What is one thing you know now you WISH you had known when you first started designing? I made no notes and didn`t save the styles or patterns I made themselves to use them again later… I wish I would have done this to save the time making everything again and again.
8. Any helpful tips/tricks/shortcuts you’d be willing to share with us? Discovering the difference between the blend modes “multiply” and “linear burn” was a huge thing for me as a scrapper. And instead of sharpening with the sharping filters its sometimes better to duplicate the layer, add the filter high pass and set the blend mode to soft light or overlay.
9. Do you spend more time designing or scrapping? Right now, I unfortunately don`t find the time to scrap, because my free time is really rare at the moment, but after finishing 2 huge projects this year I will have a lot ofmore time and can`t wait to scrap all the pictures a have already taken!
10. What types of photos do you enjoy taking most? (family, scenery, action, etc.) Family and animals… ooooh and flowers of course to extract them later for my kits…
11. If a magic scrapping/designer fairy could come and grant you ONE wish…..what would it be?? That`s a secret
12. Where would your dream vacation be? I am really dreaming of a trip around the world.. so after I am back I will tell you where I loved it most.
Be sure to bookmark these to find PictureDesigns:
3. What do you find difficult to design? (themes, products, etc.) Easiest? I find child/kid themed kits hard, since I don’t have any! The easiest would be the great escape kits, since i’ve been to all the places i’ve designed!
4. What is your favorite kind of item to design? Layered elements – buildings, etc.
5. Is there a style, theme or color scheme you tend to gravitate towards often? If so, what? Lately it’s been kraft anything with gray.
6. How did you learn to design? I taught myself!
7. Any helpful tips/tricks/shortcuts you’d be willing to share with us? It’s not really a trick, just save save save! Nothing is worse than spending hours on an element, only to have Photoshop crash on you!
8. Do you spend more time designing or scrapping? Designing! I don’t think i’ve scrapped in more than a year!
9. What types of photos do you enjoy taking most? (family, scenery, action, etc.) All of the above. I love taking family shots, but at the same time, taking photos of something like Big Ben or the Eiffel Tower is amazing too!
10. If a magic scrapping/designer fairy could come and grant you ONE wish…..what would it be?? More hours in the day so I could scrap *and* design
11. Where would your dream vacation be? Italy
Tags: Sunday Spotlight