Sunday Spotlight – Meet our new SMG!!
We recently had a call to fill some spaces we had open on our ScrapMatters Girl Team. This dedicated group of ladies are the ones that leave love in our gallery that we all appreciate so much. They monitor the gallery to make sure it is running smoothly and help with interviews and LOTW/POTW picks you see here on the blog!
Congratulations to these girls for making SMG:
I thought it would be fun to get to know the gals who just made the team by asking them a few questions! So here it goes…
First up is Xandra!
Next, is Candi!
1. Name/username candi1973
2. Married/kids/pets? Not married, 2 kids 1 girl 14 and 1 boy 21! I don’t feel that old though!
3. Where is home for you? Centennial, Colorado – I am a native!
4. What brought you to ScrapMatters? The fabulous designers!!!
5. Why did you apply to be on the SMG? The free stuff, of course! Kidding!!!! I absolutely love gaining inspiration from various galleries and SM is the best!!!
6. What other interests do you have besides scrapbooking? Reading, Movies, and Skiing!
7. What is the best thing you’ve EVER eaten?? Or, what is your favorite snack food? Cheesecake and cheesecake! hahaha! I know, that’s baaaad!
8. If you could travel anywhere for a dream vacation, where would it be? oooh, this is a hard one! I’d love to go to Australia! That would definitely be a dream come true!
Next, is Talisa!
1. Name/username: Talisa aka lisemae (at SM) and LinnyBugMama elsewhere.
2. Married/kids/pets? Not married, but have been with my boyfriend, Mitch, for 3 years now. We have a daughter, Linley, who was born March 2011. She is a bubbly, yet stubborn girl. None the less, she always knows how to bring a smile to your face.
3. Where is home for you? Home is in a quiet subdivision in Nova Scotia, Canada. We live in a fourplex, near a park, which our daughter loves.
4. What brought you to ScrapMatters? I joined SM when I was 2 days away from my due date with my daughter. Looking for a place to hang out and digi-scrap at the same time! Scrapping passed the time as my due date came and went, but eventually my daughter arrived 8 days past due date.
5. Why did you apply to be on the SMG? I applied to be on the SMG because I wanted to branch out more into the digi-world and meet more wonderful ladies that I’ve met since I started. The digi-world is so friendly and I love seeing other people’s work with kits and love that when I see a nice layout, I feel inspired to try something new!
6. What other interests do you have besides scrapbooking? I love reading and doing puzzles. Right now, I’m sucked into The Hunger Games! When I’m not reading, doing puzzles or scrapping, I’m usually busy chasing my daughter or making hairbows for her. (They never stay in long!)
7. What is the best thing you’ve EVER eaten?? Or, what is your favorite snack food? The best thing I’ve ever eaten was bacon wrapped scallops. Seems simple, but before I got pregnant with my daughter, I couldn’t stand the thought of seafood. We were away on vacation when I was pregnant, we had a seafood buffet type BBQ and I tried a couple and had to get more! Since I’ve had my daughter, I’m back to square one, I can’t stand the thought of seafood again.
8. If you could travel anywhere for a dream vacation, where would it be? My dream vacation would be somewhere warm, where I don’t have a care in the world for atleast a week. I’m not hard to please, as long as I could lounge around and enjoy some sun, I’d be happy!
Next, is Toni!
1. Name/username Toni Johnson/geswho40
2. Married/kids/pets? Married with 2 adult children. Damian (30) married to Heidi for 3 years in August (no children yet), and Claire, married to Jason for 5 years, and have 2 little boys Paxton (2) and Lennox (2 months). I have a 9 mo old Shepherd mix named Remi and is my baby
3. Where is home for you? A Northern Suburb of MN. I have lived here my whole life. I would love to live in another country for a while, just for the experience, but Hubby is not keen on the idea.
4. What brought you to ScrapMatters? I don’t recall how I found the store, but have been getting the newsletter for quite some time. Then, just recently, became a CT for Steph Designs
5. Why did you apply to be on the SMG? I have participated in challenges as well as the Queen Of Scrap challenge a few months ago and had a blast, so I decided it would be fun to be more “officially” involved
6. What other interests do you have besides scrapbooking? Animal Rescue is my other passion. I LOVE dogs, and now that I am an “empty Nester”, I have more time to commit to helping dogs from becoming unnecessarily euthanized.
7. What is the best thing you’ve EVER eaten?? Or, what is your favorite snack food? I love to eat in general, but I can’t turn down a piece of cake to save my life, and I also LOVE crab with lots of lemon and melted butter!
8. If you could travel anywhere for a dream vacation, where would it be? Ireland I am planning a trip there right now, and hope to go this time next year!
We are so excited you have joined our SM family and that you wanted to contribute to our SM community in this way! Thank you, ladies!! See you in the gallery!! =)
Tags: Sunday Spotlight