Sunday Spotlight – Happy Scrap Girl
This week we are featuring one of our guest designers! If you’ve been at ScrapMatters for a long time you might remember Happy Scrap Girl as she used to sell her designs here! We are THRILLED she has set up shop with us again this month!! For those that don’t know her as well, we asked her a few questions….
1. Your screen name? Happy Scrap Girl
2. What is your main job/career? Happy Scrap Girl Designs is my main job. It gives me a creative outlet and lots of flexabilty to be home when my kids are home from school and to be able to volunteer in their classrooms every week.
3. Are you married/children/pets? Yes, I’ve been married for 13 years to my high school sweetheart. We have 2 little girls and 2 goldfish
4. Where is home for you? We live in New York State.
5. What are your 3 favorite foods? Just 3.. hmm.. chocolate, sushi and crab legs.
6. PC or Mac? What program do you use? I’m a PC gal. I use mostly Photoshop CS3 and Illustrator CS3. But I’m planning to upgrade to CS6 this year.
7. What is the most challenging part of designing for you? Hmm.. I think the designing part is fun, but the business side of it (marketing/promoting, loading to the store, etc) is not as exciting, lol.
8. What would you like to learn to do (or do better) not related to
scrapbooking? I would really like to take a class on how to use my DSLR – I’ve had it 3 years and rarely take it off auto (so sad, I know, lol). I would also love to learn how to snap my fingers and have an instantly clean house!! Oh if only that could really happen, lol!
9. What are your favorite movies/TV shows? Lately hubby and I have been watching shows like The Voice and America’s Got Talent. Summer TV is a bit slow, lol. Movies – I love a good chick flick and I think I’ve watched Breaking Dawn 6 or 7 times in the last month already, lol.
10. Describe your “designing” environment. Music? TV in the background? Drinks? Snacks? Where? Right now it’s in limbo. I have an office in the basement – but I’ve been using my laptop in the living room on the couch lately. I design when the kids are at school. Usually the TV/radio are off unless I’m extracting – then I need some music! I don’t usually snack when I’m working.
11. If you only had 2 elements in a kit, what would they be? Oh a ribbon and a flower – gotta have them!!
12. Would you like to share a little known fact about you…? I have giant feet, lol. I mean they are a perfect 10 – size 10 that is!
13. When did you start designing? I started designing in October of 2007. How did you get started? I started printing digital elements to use on my paper pages back in 2005 and in 2006 I started a blog that posted links to digital scrapbook freebie products. I started making freebie templates and an element or 2 here and there. In 2007, my friend Andrea (Andilynn Designs – and owner of SM) emailed me about my blog and I asked her if she would help me learn how to design. She told me she was starting a new store called ScrapMatters and if I would join their CT, she would help me. A few months later I had some products in the shop and was working hard to learn as much as I could about how to design!
14. How would you describe your design style? It’s a mix really. Most of my work is CU products. They are popular with scrappers too though because they can easily be used in layouts. I tend to like creating things that are a bit shabby or worn.
15. Where do you get your inspiration/motivation? Everywhere. Sometimes it’s the latest trends, my kids, a magazine..
16. Which of your products in the ScrapMatters Store showcases your style
the most? I have a lot of textures so I would say Simply Shabby 4
I also like things that are unique like my Text Path Blenders 4
You can find more goodies in her SM Shop HERE!
Tags: Sunday Spotlight