Sunday Spotlight – Tanya of Crossbone Cuts!
Did you know that Tanya is celebrating her 1 year Designing Anniversary?? She has been hosting some pretty cool games and challenges all week in our forum! Hope you got in on some of those for some pretty cool prizes!!
Even though she has been super busy celebrating (and who wouldn’t?!) she did stop long enough to answer some questions for us!! Check this out!
1. Name/username? Tanya/TanyaH666
2. What does “family” mean to you? Will you share with us about yours? For me, family means unconditional love. You never let them stand alone and they always come first. My family is crazy, fun, ridiculous and I love them.
3. What is your favorite aspect of being a designer at ScrapMatters? I just love ScrapMatters. I was a ScrapMatters Girl for a while and then I was on the Creative Team. It only seemed natural that ScrapMatters would become my designing home as well! It was a natural and comfortable progression =)
4. What do you find difficult to design? (themes, products, etc.) Easiest? The most difficult part of designing for me is simply picking out colors. It takes me a week sometimes. I am very indecisive when it comes to narrowing them down and I always end up with like 15 colors. It is ridiculous. The easiest part for me is picking the elements to make and include. I get so many ideas that I have to make a list and check them off as I go so I don’t forget anything.
5. What is your favorite kind of item to design? I love making different kinds of flowers and layered elements. I have the most fun with those since the possibilities are endless!
6. Is there a style, theme or color scheme you tend to gravitate towards often? If so, what? I tend to gravitate more towards the look of paper scrapping. Probably because I used to be a paper scrapper for many years.
7. How did you learn to design? I just started doing it. Playing around with different things and with the help of a mentor I was able to ask questions and receive pointers on everything I wanted to know as I went along. I am still learning as there are always new things to learn!
8. What is one thing you know now you WISH you had known when you first started designing? Oh man. Shadows and composition. Definitely.
9. Any helpful tips/tricks/shortcuts you’d be willing to share with us? I use PSCS 5 but this can be applied for any version of PSCS. Hold down the shift button while resizing any elements or photos so the proportions are maintained. I cannot stress how important this is. Super basic but VERY important.
10. Do you spend more time designing or scrapping? Designing. I try to scrap as much as I can too. But designing takes up a lot of time so my scrapping has definitely taken a backseat. I like to take a little designing break every now and then just to get caught up on scrapping because I love it so much.
11. What types of photos do you enjoy taking most? (family, scenery, action, etc.) I take a lot of scenery photos and a TON of puppy photos!
12. Where would your dream vacation be? 2 weeks lying on a beach somewhere. Doing nothing but relaxing with a cocktail.
13. What’s your least favorite household chore? All of them! The most being vacuuming and scrubbing the bathroom.
14. What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a Marine Biologist. Then I realized that I was no good at biology. lol.
15. What’s for dinner tonight? Good question! Since the weather has been so warm I have been making homemade smoothies for dinner a lot. Might be doing that tonight as well since it is almost 100 degrees here right now!
16. Describe your perfect: [house, career, day with no kids] – just pick one. =) My perfect career would be one that I love. I don’t care or know what exactly it would be, but it would be amazing to just LOVE what I do.
17. If a magic fairy could come and grant you ONE wish…..what would it be?? Ugh! Soo many possibilities!! I would probably have that magic fairy pay off my credit cards. I would LOVE a clean slate from the mistakes I made when I was 18. LOL!
18. What is your favorite product in your shop at SM right now? Hmm. I would have to say my favorite is 30 Days Of Thanks. I just really love the way the colors look together!
Wow, Tanya! Thanks for the tips and letting us get to know you a little better! Congratulations on your 1st Designiversary! If you want to check out more of Tanya’s fabulous products click HERE to be taken to her store!
Tags: Sunday Spotlight