Sunday Spotlight – CT Member Trista
This week we get to hear from one of our CT Members, Trista! Join me in reading her responses and getting to know her a little better! She has a beautiful gallery and we’ve included some of her favorites below! Enjoy!
1. Name/username? Trista
2. What does “family” mean to you? Will you share with us about yours? Family means so many different things for me. I have a family of relatives. I consider some of my dearest “real life” friends as my family. I also feel a sense of family here at ScrapMatters with my digital family.
3. What is your favorite aspect of being a CT Member at SM? The community here at ScrapMatters has always been supportive. When I first visited here a few years ago, I immediately felt welcomed and included. Since joining the team here I feel that sense of family even more.
4. How many layouts would you say you scrap in a week/month? I tend to be a daily scrapper – when the schedule allows, so I scrap anywhere from 7 to 10 pages a week.
5. What would you say your scrapping style is? I am all over the place. Is that a style? :giggle: Depending on the subject of the page I am creating and the kit that I have selected my pages range anywhere from clean and blocked to completely covered and clustered. One thing you are sure to see on a page in my gallery is a bold patterned background paper! I love paper!! The bolder the pattern the better!
6. Is there a method to organizing your digital content? If so, what? My organization has evolved quite a bit since I began my digital scrapbooking journey. I currently have one main digital folder that contains a separate folder for every designer that I have purchased product from. Within that folder is another folder for each kit/product.
Does that even make any sense?
7. How did you get started in digital scrapbooking? I started out with traditional paper scrapbooking more than ten years ago. In September 2009 I was attending a scrapbook retreat with friends and I met someone there that was talking about digital scrapbooking. When I returned home from the retreat I began researching and I gave it a try. It was amazing and I was immediately hooked!
8. What is one thing you know now WISH you had known when you first started scrapping digitally? I wish I had researched more about organizing my files before overloading an EHD and having to backtrack and reorganize. That has taken the most time and to be honest I am still not completely done.
9. Any helpful tips/tricks/shortcuts you’d be willing to share with us? I have to say that time saving tips and tutorials are my favorites. My first time saving tip is to use templates. Another must have for me are styles and actions. These tools are real time savers.
10. Do you have a specific scrapping project you are working on right now? If so, what is it? I have a few hybrid things in the works and I am trying desperately to catch up on Project Life pages so that I will be ready for printing at the end of the year.
11. What types of photos do you enjoy taking most? (family, scenery, action, etc.) Family! I like taking all sorts of photos but most every photo is centered around our family and what we are doing on a daily basis.
12. Where would your dream vacation be? Hmmm, my travel bucket list is long. I would really love to spend some time traveling abroad. I have a dream to learn to cook Italian food from an Italian chef. Big dreams!!
13. What’s your least favorite household chore? UGH! The bathroom. BLECH!!
14. What did you want to be when you grew up? I can remember two things I wanted to do when I grew up. The first was to work in the medical field in some capacity. I took some medical courses and didn’t work at a doctor’s office very long before I knew it was not the place for me. I am too tender hearted to help others that are in need. Not that people don’t deserve a tender heart, but I was way too emotional to even help. The other thing I dreamed of doing was opening a day care center. Well I am as close to that as I’ll ever be… I stay at home with my two kids. :giggle:
15. What’s for dinner tonight? We had spaghetti, garlic rolls, and a side salad for dinner tonight and guess what? Tomorrow is leftovers! YUM!
16. Describe your perfect: [career] – I have been thinking lately about returning to the workforce for a multitude of reasons, one being that both of my children will be in school all day once school begins in September. With this in the back of my mind I really have been wishing that there were a way for me to earn an income from home so that I am still able to volunteer at the school and participate in their school activities. These things I would miss if I were working outside the home.
17. If a magic fairy could come and grant you ONE wish…..what would it be?? Oh that is hard! So many things to wish for, but currently I wish a fairy would wave a wand over our house and POOF all of the renovations would be completed and my house would magically transform into my vision of our home.
18. Link us up to a couple of your fave layouts in your gallery! =)
This one is hard for me too! Usually my latest page is my favorite.
Here are some of my faves from this year…
If you would like to leave love on Trista’s layouts please click the images above.
Tags: Sunday Spotlight