This week I went with beckag99′s Sweet Spontaneity..
Look at her beautiful extraction of the child playing amongst the photos, the beautiful blending into the layout. I love how she used every ounce of this page, without overdoing it! I love the coloring, love the placement. Her clustering is amazing as is her shadowing! Look at how she weaved the ribbon in and around the fence element. Everything is perfectly placed, which is why this layout is this week’s layout of the week!!
-Wendy (Neverland Scraps)
I had the chance to interview Jenn of Jenn Barrette Designs. I’ve been a fan of hers far before she was designing for SM and I was excited to learn more a little more about her!
1. Your screen name? Your real name? Jenn Barrette
2. What is your main job/career? I was a retail manager until after my second daughter was born, and now design full-time.
3. Are you married/children/pets? I have been with my DH for 6 years, we have 2 girls, a cat, and a new puppy.
4. Where is home for you? I live in Kenora, Ontario Canada. It is gorgeous (lakes and trees) but since I am so not an outdoorsy girl, I wish I lived in a bigger city!
5. What are your 3 favorite foods? Unfortunately I have a major sweet tooth, my fav food is probably homemade chocolate chip cookies…not sure it that even counts as a food. Other than that, I would be happy eating like teenager, and love tacos, pizza, and nachos!
6. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? There is a Sara Lee Cheesecake ice cream that I could eat by the carton!
7. Snacks…Salty or Sweet? Sweet all the way.
8. Beverage of choice? I really only drink water, and skim milk…but I do really love sweet iced tea.
9. What’s your least favorite food? Ummm….anything cooked my my MIL….
10. PC or Mac? What program do you use? PC, I primarily use my laptop. I use CS3.
11. How long have you been digi-scrapping? How did you get started? I started digital scrapbooking after my first daughter was born in 2006. I was going to try paper scrapbooking, and bought a bunch of scrap magazines. One of them had a free digital scrapbooking program, and I was hooked!
12. What was your 1st LO about? My first layout is long gone (gallery is gone, and I don’t have it anymore) I think it was my daughter having “tummy time” and it was really horrible!
13. Do you have any other hobbies besides digi-scrapping (are there other hobbies)? I love movies, day tripping, and cooking.
14. What is the most challenging part of scrapbooking for you? I have trouble with journaling. I am trying to concur it this year, and trying to include more story telling in my layouts.
15. What would you like to learn to do (or do better) not related to scrapbooking? Balance my life as a mom, wife, CT member, designers…and find more time for me.
16. What are your favorite movies/TV shows? My favorite tv shows right now are GLEE, The Biggest Loser, and Survivor.
17. Describe your “scrapping” environment. Music? TV in the background? Drinks? Snacks? Where? I have a laptop, but mostly stay at my desk. I love to have my iPod on and a big bottle of water beside me.
18. If you only had 2 elements to use on a LO, what would they be? I am fairly traditional in my element usage, so I would probably say ribbon and flowers.
19. Would you like to share a little known fact about you…? I hate talking on the phone, and will avoid it all costs. E-mail is my friend.
20. When did you start designing? What is your favorite product that you’ve designed? I started designing in November 2006. Usually my fav product is my most recent (I have a super fun kit coming out next Friday that I LOVE!) but my favorite right now is Technotronic (which is funny because I don’t do boy kits often) -
21. How would you describe your design style? Everywhere…I jump from shabby to funky and everything in between! But, I do always create realistic, and fairly traditional kits.
22. Where do you get your inspiration/motivation? I love the fun colors and patterns of children’s clothing, but also love to browse a lot of different design mediums (fashion, home decor, art, jewelery)
23. Which of your kits showcases you style the most? I currently think of Love Blooms as being very “me”.
24. What is your favorite color scheme to design with? I love to work with a variety of color schemes, but find myself afraid of yellow and purple LOL
25. Favorite kit you’ve designed? That is like choosing my favorite child…LOL. My current favs are
and an oldie but goodie Teen Angst
Aren’t her kits just fantastic? I love the shabby feel and the color pallettes she always chooses! Thanks for letting us read some of your scrapping secrets Jenn! Check out her full store here!